Friday 13 September 2013

I've arrived!

Well, the trip started with me realizing enroute to the airport that I'd left my coat at home, so it will be a cool trip to Halifax in more ways than one.  No worries, I'll be inside most of the time.

At the check-in counter I discover that the plane has started boarding and I was half an hour late, rather than 45 min ahead of time as I thought!  Lucky for me, Porter cares about its service and they waited for me, so I got through security in fair time, and boarded the plane without any glares or hard looks!  An uneventful flight and we landed in the rain (needing a coat) but lucky for me, my friend (and director mentor on T&S) Justin Simms held the AFF shuttle for me.  He's some sweet.

The Lord Nelson, what a spot.  They've donated 2 nights as part of my AAP Award and I get to rest up in comfort next door to the cinemas.  Justin, Jennice Ripley and I head to the WIFT-AT reception where I meet some of the new board members, some of my former board colleagues, and meet some new NS industry folks at RockBottom Pub.  Then we head to the Gala reception for 15 minutes before taking in Gia Milani's debut feature.  While there, I run into Stephanie Beaumont from Sea and Be Scene and she tapes an interview for her show on the red carpet with me.

When the film is over, I head back to rest up but first make plans to see 2012 AAPA winner Ashley Mckenzie in the morning, and the NLFDC's Laura Churchill in the afternoon tomorrow. 

People I spent some time with/met today:  Justin Simms, Mark Bishop, Nelson the shuttle driving volunteer, Jennice Ripley, Jan Miller, Ann Bernier, Cindy from WIFT-AT, Laura Churchill, Christine Taylor, Roz Power, Kim the editor, Ciel the casting director, Abby from Creative NS, Barb Doran, Brad Gover, Jacqueline Hynes, Jose Gonzales, Michael Melski,  Ed Martin, Stephanie Beaumont and her cameraman Scott. 

Question is, will I get through this weekend without buying another jacket?  I sure don't need one!
Me with our DP Stephanie Weber Biron and producer Krysta Rudofsky
 


No comments:

Post a Comment