Thursday 12 September 2013

I promise to share

Sometimes it slips away, sometimes it falls

Talus & Scree, 2013
Written & Directed by Ruth Lawrence
Produced by Krysta Rudofsky

Only 10 hours before I board the plane to Halifax for my first day at the AFF, but the party in Nova Scotia has already started.  Right about now, many of my friends are celebrating the opening night party after a screening of The Grand Seduction, a film I worked on last summer (in wardrobe) for a few weeks.  But back here in St. John's, it's still grant deadline time.  Once I put the last touches on those, it's off to bed for some beauty rest before I pack up to head south-slightly-to the warmer climes of Halifax for a weekend of seeing as many films as possible, having as much coffee and wine as I can handle (not many!) and celebrating a year of fine work with some skyrocketing filmmakers.
As part of my WIFT-AT All Access Pass Award, I'll be checking in through the year from all the festivals of Atlantic Canada that I can get to in the next 12 months.  Follow me on Twitter @IamRuthLawrence, add me on Facebook, and follow this blog for regular updates and maybe even some festival tips!  I promise to share if you do...



No comments:

Post a Comment